Released in 2014 on Warner Records, this 180 gram double LP album is brand new and still sealed in a beautiful gatefold sleeve. It has the original Soundtrack and also another LP with different artists doing the same songs but re-arranged.
In 1972, Albert Falzon made a film that would forever change the way the world thought about surfing. The film was Morning of the Earth. For many people it was the very first time they came to recognise surfing as a complete lifestyle. This recognition, coupled with mind-blowing, innovative surfing made the film a classic that has remained vital for over 40 years.
The original soundtrack produced the Australian #1 single Open Up Your Heart and was the first Australian soundtrack to achieve gold sales. It was also recently included in the 100 Best Australian Albums.
As if the original soundtrack wasn’t fabulous enough already! Not only have they re-released the original soundtrack, but they completely re-imagined every track through a different artist and different arrangements. And what a line-up it is with Xavier Rudd, Busby Marou, Tom Curren, Pond and Goons Of Doom to list a few. It’s everything you want in a re-release: the old school joining together with the new school, frolicking about in the sunshine together holding hands and moving in unison.
Vinyl 1 Side A:
1. Morning Of The Earth – Mick Turner, Xlyouris Ensemble, Oliver Mann
2. I’ll Be Alright – Bonnie “Prince” Billy, The Cairo Gang
3. First Things First – Matt Corby
4. Surf Feels Good – Tom Curren
Vinyl 2 Side B:
1. Awake – Goons Of Doom
2. Getting Back – Busby Marou
3. Open Up Your Heart – Jack River
4. Dream Chant – The Sand Pebbles
Vinyl 2 Side A:
1. Simple Ben – Machine Translations
2. Bali Waters – Pond
3. Making It On Your Own – The Autumn Defense
4. Uluwatu – Blake Mills
Vinyl 2 Side B:
1. Day Comes – Xavier Rudd
2. Sea The Swells – Andrew Kidman And The Windy Hills
3. I’m Alive – Andrew VanWyngarden
4. Come With Me – Andrew Kidman